On Coldplay | Chris Martin

Have never been a fan and found Coldplay's songs as a bit depressing, back then I thought they only make those type of songs.  Which was weird that I did not give any fudge about them as I knew that they have a lot of good songs but just did not appreciate it at that time.  I never liked them but I didn't dislike them as well.  Idk.  But thanks to James Corden and his Carpool Karaoke segment for flipping it all up now I'm loving Coldplay and may even have the googly eyes for Chris Martin.  He is so adorable! And his eyes.  Such a heavenly view 😍 James also has beautiful blue eyes.  (So to my friends who have generalized that I prefer chinito guys over others, this is for you 😂).  I am now playing Adventure of a Lifetime and doing the dance that James and Chris did *clap clap* hahahaha People must be thinking I'm flipping crazy, but what do they care?  A road trip with these two (or either of them) will surely be epic as long as I know all the songs that they play on board.  So if you haven't watched it yet, you should.  

Its silly as I've played The Scientist on piano many years ago but it didn't give me that push to get me interested in the band and their other songs.  It wasn't a piece I'd play every now and then as well, just played it one time and forgot about it.  I don't even remember where I got that music sheet from, but now I'm playing it again.  Maybe through time as we develop and get to know ourselves better, our choices and interests (like music) develop as well.  Maybe I'm liking the band and their music now as I am a bit more mature and are at a happier place?  Or maybe because Chris Martin looks hotter thru time? 😂

I am thrilled that they may be having their first concert here in the Philippines around the 4th quarter or maybe end of September of this year, though nothing is confirmed yet.  I may not even get to afford that at all, probably I'm going to starve myself for a few months until the date is confirmed so I could go 😜

So along with their new album, I love a few songs from their older albums as well which a couple I've already heard of before (who wouldn't?): Yellow, In My Place, Fix You, Princess of China (surprised with the Rihanna-Chris chemistry), Us Against the World, there's a whole lot more actually but my number 1 favorite for now will have to be Viva La Vida.

"Yellow"
Look at the stars 
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
They were all yellow ❤️❤️❤️

"In My Place"
How long must you wait for it?
How long must you pay for it?

"Fix You"
When you feel so tired
But you cant sleep
Stuck in reverse

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
I will try to fix you

"Princess of China"
I could've been a Princess, you'd be a King
Could've had a castle, and worn a ring
But no, you let me go

"Us Against the World"
Slow it down
Through chaos as it swirls
Its us against the world
-I loved it when he sang it with James and the small piano ❤️

"Viva La Vida"
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
I'm just a puppet on a lonely string
Who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells a'ringing
Roman cavalry choirs a'singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world
-- the part where Chris and James sang this on the carpool karaoke was amazing.
Chris had me at his bass voice. GAAAH.

Hymn for the Weekend: Put your wings on me when I was so heavy.  Poured on symphony when I'm low.

0 comments:

Post a Comment