The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

A good read. But *sigh* how I wish it did not end to soon. 
Really enjoyed this book, had some tears here and there... and was able to finish it in 2days. Believe that if you really had the time, you can finish it within the day. I think the length of this book is great on a four to five-hour plane ride.

But enough about how long it'll take you to get to the end, lets get to the juicy part ;) This book is about a 16-year-old (or was it 17?) Hazel Grace Lancaster who has (i think) some sort of lung cancer who falls in love with 17-year-old Augustus Waters who, at the start of the novel, was cancer free. He had Osteosarcoma and had his left leg amputated. And they grew closer and closer with the help of the book that Hazel Grace is crazy about, An Imperial Affliction (AIA). Funny because I kept reading the part where it ends and tell myself something must be wrong with this copy. But no... nothings wrong with my copy. AIA just somewhat ended in the middle of the story coz the girl in the story dies or got so sick she could no longer narrate it. And so Hazel Grace and Gus found a way to travel to Amsterdam to go meet the Author of AIA and asks what happened to rest of the characters in the book. I'm not gonna spill any details of what happened there, as for me, that part was both the best and the worst. tsk 



So this is just one of the few lines that I really really love. 
"... I cant talk about our love story, so I will talk about math... Some infinities are bigger than other infinities... There are days, many of them, I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got."

I am so excited to watch the movie, which is already showing in cinemas now by the way. But since I have that cheapskate, or lets just say frugal, personality I think I’m just going to wait until it airs on HBO/Starmovies ;) Until then, guess I'm just gonna have to play the trailer on repeat. Okay? Okay :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment